VogueVisionsHeader
VogueVisionsAboutMe

home

archive

contact

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

On this day seven years ago our nation was changed forever. Or at least, it changed me forever. I have been truly amazed how quickly people forget the complete horror of that fateful day. I distinctly remember watching the news footage on September 11, 2001. Remember seeing the planes crashing into the towers over and over again? The smoke? The terrified looks on people's faces? The panic? I was an idiot sophomore in college, and though embarrassing to admit, I didn't even know what the Twin Towers were. I would only come to realize in the days, weeks and months that passed the true magnitude of what had occurred. The great loss, the sorrow of our nation. The realization that we have to protect ourselves from letting this happen again.

I have heard only a few mentions of today's anniversary among colleages and friends today. I am simply asking that each one of you, my faithful readers, take a moment to reflect on the impact that day had on you and your family as well as remember those who lost their lives in the attacks.

Put your flags on display today in support of the families who lost loved ones and in support of our soldiers. They sacrifice everyday so we can go on about the business of living our lives, without constant fear of attack on our soil again.

Photobucket

0 comments:

_______________________________________________________________________________

blog design by: brianmedia